Go Wales (Achieve through Work Experience)
What is GO Wales Achieve through Work Experience Program at Glyndwr University?
The project helps students develop their employability skills, build confidence and create networks and contacts within areas of career interest; increasing chances of obtaining graduate level employment upon leaving Glyndwr.
Working one to one with an advisor, we explore the best options for work experience opportunities within your area of interest and study.
All placements are completely tailored to fit you, your life, studies and other commitments.
Who can be supported by the GO Wales AtWE Programme?
To be considered for the project you must be under 25, studying a full-time course at Glyndwr University and have the legal right to live in the UK.
You must also fall into one (or more) of the following categories:
- Having a disability - A disability can be an impairment that may be physical, mental, sensory, cognitive, developmental, intellectual or some combination of these.
- Have a mental health difficulty - eg depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, PTSD or other?
- Have a learning difference - eg dyslexia, autism, dyspraxia, ADHD or other?
- Have a Work Limiting Health Condition (WLHC) - eg long-lasting health conditions or illness; impairments and disability
- Have caring responsibilities - eg children, relatives or dependents.
- From a care background - Have been looked after by a local authority
- Have a BME background (minority ethnic groups) - Black and Minority Ethnic or Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic is the terminology used in the UK to describe people of non-white descent.
- Come from a Low University Participation Area - To check, visit www.hefce.ac.uk/postcode and enter your home postcode (not your student address if it is different from your home address). If your postcode returns a 1 or 2 in ‘POLAR 4 Young participation quintile’ then your answer is yes to this question.
Where are the GO Wales AtWE team located at Glyndwr University?
The GO Wales AtWE are based within the Careers and Employability (Based on the Ground Floor within the Edward Llwyd Centre, Glyndwr). If you would like some more information or have any questions, then please do not hesitate to get in touch
Call: 01978 293240
Or visit www.gowales.co.uk for more information.
GO Wales: Achieve through work experience is part funded by the European Social Fund and managed by the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales.