Wrexham Glyndŵr University offers several options for postgraduate study; picking the right route for you will depend on a number of factors, including the level of degree you currently hold, which subject you’re interested in, as well as your career goals.
You can choose from a postgraduate taught course (MA/MSc), or a research degree such as a PhD or MPhil. You will be guided by expert tutors and encouraged to explore and develop in-depth concepts and cutting-edge ideas.
Postgraduate study is not just a continuation of undergraduate learning, but is more career focused in terms of preparing you for the world of work and acting as an investment in your future.
- Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering
- Art and Design
- Built Environment
- Business and Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Health and Medical Sciences
Wrexham Glyndwr University offers a Postgraduate scholarship scheme for taught postgraduate study in academic year 2017/18.
The following fee-waivers are available to Wrexham Glyndwr University graduates and wish to undertake a full- or part-time postgraduate taught degree programme at Wrexham Glyndwr University.
- 50% for graduates who have secured a first-class degree
- 25% for graduates with a 2:1
- 10% for graduates with a 2:2
The application deadline is June 30, 2017, terms and conditions apply.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the scholarship, the prospective student must meet the entry requirements for their chosen postgraduate programme of study and be in receipt of an unconditional offer for entry on to that programme before the application deadline, as well as enrolment and registration conditions.
- The scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship, bursary or other fee discount package offered by the University.
- The scholarship is in the form of a fee-waiver covering 50% of the home fee for the intended programme of study for a first class degree, 25% for a 2:1 and 10% for a 2:2. No cash equivalent will be paid.
- Students in receipt of a scholarship are responsible for the difference in fees between the value of the scholarship and the full fees for the programme, together with any additional costs associated with, and applicable to, the programme for which they enrolled.
- The scholarship is available for the normal duration of the programme of study (usually, but not exclusively 1 year full-time or 3 years part-time). Students who do not complete their programme within the normal programme duration will be liable for the full amount of any additional fees associated with the continuation of their study.
- Students previously registered for a postgraduate award at the University, but who have not successfully completed their intended programme of study, will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship cannot be retrospectively applied to previous academic years.
- Programmes included in the Scholarship: MA; MBA; MSc; MRes; Postgraduate Certificate (excluding PGCE); Postgraduate Diploma.
- Programmes of study not listed (including the Executive MBA, MPhil courses, PGCE), are not covered by this scholarship scheme.
- The Scholarship is available only to students undertaking their studies at: Wrexham Glyndwr University Wrexham; Wrexham Glyndwr University Northop; Wrexham Glyndwr University St Asaph; and the Advanced Composites Training and Development Centre.
How to Apply: Applicants who meet the Postgraduate Scholarship criteria and have received a conditional or unconditional offer of a place on a postgraduate programme of study will automatically have the scholarship applied following enrolment. If you have any questions about the process, please see the contact details below.
The deadline for applications is 30th June 2017.
Admissions and enquiries
The admissions and enquiries team is here to help you find out about our courses and support you through the application process.
Telephone: 01978 293439