Lecturer in Nursing
I am a registered nurse and have had a varied career including district nursing, Macmillan, discharge liaison and diabetes specialist nurse.
I like to run and am in a fell running club. I completed my first (and probably last) marathon in 2018.
- Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) 2006
- Pharmacology module 2009
- Community Specialist Practice Award in District Nursing 2011
- Tissue viability module 2012
- Diabetes module 2014
- PGCPD 2016
- Independent prescribing 2018
- MSc Health Sciences (currently completing)
Management of Diabetes Module
Assessing Complex needs Module
Innovations in community Practice Module
Fundamentals in Primary Care Module
I work alongside Alison Williams who is the programme lead for District Nursing and Primary Healthcare.
Blood glucose Testing. GPN. 2018
Bereavement care- the role of the DN. JCN. 2011.
Caring for an intrathecal line in the community. JCN. 2010.
The obesity epidemic. A holistic approach. JCN. 2008.