Senior Lecturer in Engineering
+44 (0) 1978 293287
- Twenty five years industrial experience in the design, manufacture and testing of aircraft structures, systems and equipment.
- Experience on both military and commercial aircraft projects.
- Experience on large jet engine design and development.
- In depth understanding of aircraft structural, mechanical, electrical and avionic engineering matters.
- Experience in risk assessment and project and cost management issues.
- Fluent German Speaker
Cert Ed. Post Compulsory Education & Training -N.E.W.I (University of Wales)
CGLI (A1) Certficate in Assessing Candidates Using a range of Methods- City & Guilds
CGLI 4353 Certificate in 3D Computer Aided Design -City & Guilds
HND Aeronautical Engineering- North East Wales Institute of Higher Education
OTD General Engineering - North East Wales Institute of Higher Education
5 Year Aircraft Engineering Apprenticeship - British Aerospace (Broughton)
MSc Aircraft Design
MSc Aircraft Structure
MSc Mechanical Manufacturing
ENG 355,ENG 405, ENG 452, ENGF 512, ENGF 514, ENG 540, ENG 552, ENG 621, ENG 629, ENG 654, ENG 745.
- Pneumatic De-icing System GB2355243.
- Non-pneumatic Air Conditioning for Aircraft Cabins FR2829466.
- Control System for Aircraft Air Conditioning FR2829465 and FR2829464
Technical Handbooks issued:
Airbus Structural Repair Manuals: SRMs A310 & A320: Chapters on Composite Repair Techniques and Schemes for the A310 Vertical Stabiliser and A320 Vertical and Horizontal Stabilisers.
Electro –magnetic propulsion for aircraft.
Member of the COMMANDO research group.
Civil drone technology and UAV applications.