sports coaching academy
Do you have an interest in sports coaching? This course will:
• Provide opportunities to enhance and develop your coaching performance and techniques within sport.
• Introduce you to a range of sport and physical activity theoretical concepts.
• Provide an understanding of the health and safety aspects of planning, delivering and reviewing coaching sessions.
• The role of a coach
• Nutrition and Hydration (An introduction)
• The Physical Demands of Sport and Physical Activity
• The Psychological Demands of Sport and Physical Activity
• Communication to Participants
• Planning Coaching Sessions
• The Coaching Environment
• Session Delivery
• Reflective Practice
What you will study
Role of a Coach
Nutrition and Hydration
Physical and psychological demands of sport and physical activity
Rules and Regulations
Duty of Care
Communicating to Participants
Safe Coaching Practice
Planning Coaching Sessions
Preparing the Coaching Environment
Reviewing Coaching Sessions
Student Practical Delivery (Assessment)
Wrexham, Plas Coch campus
Assessment Task: Practical (20 minutes)
Students will be required to deliver a 20-minute practical activity using a sport of their choice. The session will include the following:
- 5-minute warm-up
- 10-minute activity
- 5-minute cool-down
The student must conduct a pre-safety check prior to delivery in line with their risk assessment for the venue prior to their delivery.
Assessment Task: Reflective Practice Essay (2000 words)
Using the sessions designed within the module’s formative tasks, the student will write a reflective essay that appropriately outlines their professional practice. Drawing upon theory explored within the module, students will identify current strengths within their delivery and also highlight areas of development in order to inform future practice.
The essay will incorporate elements of goal setting and monitoring whilst displaying the student’s ability to plan, prioritise and manage their development effectively.
Book online store