Sports Coaching: Physical Education and School Sport
Have you ever considered coaching within a school setting?
This short course will introduce you to a number of roles in providing Physical Education and School Sport (PESS). The course will develop your knowledge and skills to be able to support the delivery of PE and sports activities in a school sport environment. While it is delivered through the medium of PESS, the skills may be used by learners aspiring to work in other sporting roles, such as coaching.
The team pride themselves on offering innovative and creative teaching strategies which take advantage of new technologies and approaches, which are designed to give you the key skills for success when you complete your qualification. We work closely with a wide range of businesses and agencies to continue to develop additional opportunities for each of our learners at all stages of this course.
What you will study
- Understanding key legislation related to Physical Education and school sport
- Principles of teaching Physical Education and coaching
- Explore the importance of structuring safe practice
- Promotion of lifelong health and well-being
- Introduction to physical literacy
The course will run for 5 days, from 9.30am-4.30pm.
- 6th April 2020.
- 7th April 2020.
- 8th April 2020.
- 9th April 2020.
- 14th April 2020.
Wrexham, Plas Coch campus
- Practical – students will conduct a 20-minute micro-teach to showcase their knowledge in the application of supporting learning in Physical Education and School Sport.
- Portfolio - The portfolio will provide evidence of students’ knowledge in relation to the sports environment and will focus therefore on issues relating to professional competencies and reflective practice.
Book online store.