Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
*COURSE DELIVERED ONLINE*
This course is designed to prepare you for your role of being a practice educator, taking pre-registration occupational therapy/physiotherapy students on placement. The aim is to enable you to develop, analyse and evaluate your teaching, assessment and supervision skills.
What will you study?
This short course covers:
- Identifying key learning outcomes required by accrediting body
- Explaining the role of practice education and key attributes of an educator
- Self-reflection including dealing with challenging situations
- Theories of adult and professional learning
- Facilitating and Planning Learning
- Student Learning resources, supervision, assessment and evaluation
- Application of theory to practice
This course will start 22nd Sept 2020 and will run for 2 days. Online learning with the possibility of one day in person (will confirm nearer to the time).
There are 14 hours scheduled learning and teaching – a blend of asynchronous and synchronous learning. This means that there will be times when you need to be online at set times and there will also be material uploaded to access pre- and post-sessions.
- You must be working in an area that can accommodate a relevant student
- Completed Level 6 study.
- You must have clarification from your line manager that you are able to attend
- Reflecting on your experience of facilitating learning with a Glyndwr student since beginning the course
- Poster presentation or
- Power point Presentation or
Will aid continuing professional development (CPD) for the student, contributing towards CPD evidence for regulatory bodies.
To book, please visit the online store.
Online, possibility of one day in person (will confirm nearer to the time)