Minor Illness Assessment & Management
*COURSE DELIVERED ONLINE/BLENDED/ON-CAMPUS*
This module enables practitioners to function effectively and efficiently within the constraints of contemporary healthcare provision in the management of minor illness, to enhance practitioners’ expertise in the assessment and management of minor illness.
This module is useful for practitioners who wish to increase confidence in the assessment and management of minor illness but also those who want to aspire towards a practitioner level role, by synthesizing and evaluating the management of minor illness through an evidence based teaching package.
This minor illness module is suitable for nurses, paramedics, pharmacists, physiotherapists and other allied health professionals working in primary care centres, urgent and out of hours care, walk in centres, minor injury units, emergency departments and pre-hospital settings. You must have 2 years post-registration experience as a Registered Health Care Professional in an unscheduled or scheduled care settings.
What you will study
- Clinical history taking, professional communication and referral of minor illness presentations in all relevant settings.
- Diagnostic reasoning
- Therapeutic intervention and lifestyle prescribing.
- Basic blood tests will be interpreted
- Assessment and management of clinical history taking, therapeutic holism, managing comorbidities and wound healing, managing ear nose and throat disorders, lymph gland examinations, dermatology, respiratory, abdominal disorders, headaches, back pain management, common paediatric presentations.
- Candidates will require access to a suitable clinical environment and a clinical mentor willing to supervise them in practice.
Level 6 and Level 7 standard 20 credit fee.
End of January 2022, 10 weeks, 1 day per week.
To book, please email email@example.com.