Learning and Teaching in Practice
The aims of this module are to enable participants to:
- Lead the enhancement of inter professional learning environments in community, health and social care practice settings
- Facilitate and evaluate learning and teaching for students in inter professional community health and social care practice settings
- Give effective feedback and manage student assessment in practice
- Have accountability for evidence based decision making with regard to student progression and achievement of competence
What you will study
- Articulate and defend a planned evidence based programme of practice learning for a practitioner or group of practitioners, at and beyond registration, systematically informed by contemporary learning and teaching theories and techniques
- Critically evaluate and enhance the interprofessional practice learning environment, providing learning opportunities aligned to student need and assessment of outcomes and professional requirements
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of practice assessment for professional practice and accountability for assessment judgements of practice competence at and beyond the point of registration
- Critically reflect upon the role of the practice teacher, recognising the importance of leadership and quality enhancement in managing the practice context of contemporary interprofessional health and social care education.
- Be currently registered in the same part of the NMC register and field of specialist practice as the student(s) they are to assess
- Have developed own knowledge, skills and competence beyond registration and obtained either SCPHN or SPQ qualification as relevant
- Worked for at least two years in current field of Specialist practice
- Provide a self declaration of health and character
- Provide employers confirmation of current CRB/ DBS, health and character.
Starts Fri 27th January 2017 9am-4pm
Thereafter every Friday 9am-4pm for 12 weeks
Funding may be available from Welsh Government for Community nurses.
BCU Health Board/Self Funding - £800