Introduction to Noise Assessments in the Workplace
Assessing the risk of noise in the workplace is mandated by law. This is relevant to people working in the music industry or in engineering production and manufacturing industries where exposure to noise levels is higher than an average office environment.
This course will introduce you to the legal obligations in relation to assessing levels of noise, teach you how use appropriate instruments for accurately recording noise levels and develop your skills in completing appropriate risk assessments.
What you will study
During this course, you will study:
- Introduction to the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Decibels and sound units
- Introduce the safe working limits of exposure to sound
- The impact of sound on humans and the environment
- Techniques for measuring sound
- Outline the steps required for conducting a noise risk assessment
- How to write a risk assessment and action plan
Course Start Date
You will need to complete the following assessments:
- Two online quizzes that address the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 and the impact of noise on humans.
- Complete a noise assessment report in a workplace or a domestic environment such as a kitchen or home workshop.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to log your interest.