to Mental Health
*COURSE DELIVERED ONLINE*
Perhaps now more than ever we need to be thinking about what keeps us mentally well. This course is designed to help you develop your understanding of mental health and mental wellbeing. It will explore how mental health problems impact on people, and what we can do to help individuals and communities to feel better.
The course is delivered entirely online, and you will have the opportunity to take part in a variety of interesting learning methods such as watching video clips, completing quizzes, considering case studies, and taking part in online discussions.
Across the course you will be encouraged to develop your self awareness, and you will have the opportunity to focus on topics that interest you.
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to know more about mental ill-health, particularly if you currently work with people, or would like to do so.
What you will study
- Common mental health problems
- Mental wellbeing
- Child and adolescent mental health
- The mental health of older adults
- Mental health law
- Creativity and mental health
Students will complete a portfolio of work across the module. The portfolio will include:
- A Moodle forum relating to models of mental illness
- A 1,000 word reflection during which the student will consider their own attitude to people living with mental health problems from a personal or professional perspective
- A health promotion flyer which targets one specific area of the population identified as being at risk of poor mental health and accompanying 750 word rationale for the choice of target audience
- An online multiple choice quiz
Mondays, 6-8pm: 10wks, 1st Feb-19th Apr 2021
To book, visit our online shop.