Introduction to Graphic Design
This course is ideal for those interested in learning the basic concepts of graphic design including the use of colours and typography. It will also introduce attendees to the relevant Adobe software packages to help produce graphic design pieces such as adverts, logos or posters.
What will you study?
Please see below for the course schedule:
• Week 1 – Introduction – research into styles and format
• Week 2 – Concept sketching and layout skills – sketching practice and text blocking
• Week 3 – Typography – introduction to Illustrator
• Week 4 – Iconography – Illustrator drawing
• Week 5 – Advertising and poster design introduction - Introduction to InDesign
• Week 6 – Colour theory – InDesign layout
• Week 7 – Logo design introduction – design a logo
• Week 8 – Editorial design introduction – design a spread
• Week 9 – Presentation (choice between logo, editorial, poster brief)
Course dates and duration
Plas Coch Campus
Attendees will produce their own final project in the form of either a logo, editorial piece or poster brief. This will demonstrate their understanding of the relevant publishing software and how to devise a graphic design strategy.
To register your interest in future dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Due to the changing coronavirus situation we may need to cancel or postpone future face to face courses. If you do decide to book and a course is cancelled you will be offered a full refund.