Introduction to Business Management
During these unprecedented times, developing leadership and management skills are key to remaining productive and motivating yourself and your team.
Our Intro to Business Management short course is for those who are looking to broaden their leadership and management skills or for anyone looking for a taster course before joining one of business programmes.
The course is delivered online for your flexibility, log in to the content as and when suits you and get interactive on the weekly forums!
What you will study
Week 1 Introduction (3 hours contact time)
- Log in to the lecture all about to learn about Organisational Structure and Functions of management
- Discover this week’s reading – ‘Organisational Structure’ and take the online quiz
- Watch this week’s video all about the function of management and get interactive on the forum to discuss your views
- Engage in the interactive key learning point for this week and respond on the forum
Week 2 We are all different (3 hours contact time)
- Log in to the lecture all about the The Skills and characteristics of a manager
- Find out more about how tour personality influences your management style and get interactive on the forum to research
- Read this week’s article and watch the clip – respond to the forum and this week’s talking points.
Week 3 Emotional Intelligence (3 hours contact time)
- Log in to the lecture - World Economic Forum future skills, and Emotional Intelligence for managers
- Undertake your action points for the week
- Read the latest case study and get thinking about how this applies to you
- Watch the clip all about leadership and respond to the online forum
Week 4 – Manager vs Leaders (3 hours contact time)
- Log in to the lecture – all about the differences between leadership and management
- Read the article and answer the questions
- Listen to the posted podcast and respond on the forum
Course Start Date
7 September 2020
This short course requires that the student can allocate 3 hours per week to their study, but there is no requirement to be online at a specific time.
Assessment included in the interactive discussions and forum engagement.
Visit the online shop.