IT Fundamentals - Online
*COURSE DELIVERED ONLINE*
This short course aims to fulfil the requirements to provide students with the IT skills needed in both graduate work and in future employment. It equips students with the skills needed to build confidence and improve their IT abilities effectively using MS Office.
This course is for anyone who:
- Is looking to build their IT skills either personally or professionally
- Is a current student who is struggling with IT skills
- Is starting University in September
What you will study
- ICT Fundamentals & File Management (MS Windows) – helps the student in basic computer housekeeping skills, and provides an essential understanding of how to use a computer in a safe and secure manner.
- Word Processing (MS Word) – helps the student to use a range of basic word processing tools to produce appropriate, straightforward and routine documents.
- Presentations (MS PowerPoint) – provide the skills to use a range of basic presentation tools. Students will be able to create appropriate presentations, and slide shows.
- Spreadsheets (MS Excel) – enables students to use a range of basic spreadsheet tools to produce appropriate spreadsheets.
- Internet/Communication – helps the student to understand how to use the Internet and email in a safe and secure way.
There are two points of assessment;
- Assessment one: Coursework (80% weighting)
- Assessment two: Online quiz (20% Weighting)
Course start dates
This course will start on the 22nd June 2020 and will run for 6 weeks.
You will need to log in weekly to access the course content and undergo your studies.
Bookings for the course will close a week prior to the course start date.