Health, Mental Health and Wellbeing in Education Settings
In the Curriculum for Wales 2022, ‘Health and Wellbeing’ is identified as one of the six Areas of Learning and Experience (ALE). The vision of the Welsh Government is that learners aged 3 to 16 have access to and acquire the experiences, knowledge and skills needed for employment, lifelong learning and active citizenship in today’s society. Also, that the curriculum contributes to the goals set out in the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 to develop healthy and confident individuals. Having Health and Wellbeing as one of the ALE is an important step forward towards recognising its importance and viewing health and wellbeing in a more holistic sense than the traditional approach of delivering separate Physical Education, Personal and Social Education and Sex Education subject areas.
This exciting and challenging course will provide participants with knowledge and understanding related to the Health and Wellbeing ALE. It will explore the topics of health, mental health and wellbeing as they relate to young people in today’s society, as well as consider the content, design and delivery of this ALE and examine innovative teaching pedagogy that could be utilised by teachers to develop healthy and confident learners.
What you will study
This course will explore the following topics:
- Health and wellness challenges among children and young people
- Determinants of health and wellbeing among children and young people
- The lifelong benefits of developing health and wellbeing at an early age
- A whole school approach to health and wellbeing
- Motivation, resilience, empathy and decision-making
- The background, content and design of the Curriculum for Wales 2022
- Innovative teaching pedagogy for developing healthy and well learners
- Strengths and challenges associated with the Curriculum for Wales 2022
Participants will be required to produce a 5,000-word case study that considers the implementation of the Health and Wellbeing ALE in an education setting of their choosing.
£950.00 incl VAT
To register your interest, please contact email@example.com