Countdown to Numeracy in Nursing
Are you considering a career in nursing but do not think you have the right qualifications? This could be the module for you.
A distinctive feature of this module is that Wrexham Glyndwr University will consider this as an acceptable mathematical entry to the BN (Hons) Registered Nurse (Adult) studies (subject to successful interview). Numeracy is one of the fundamental skills in nursing today. This short module will support and prepare learners to plan for their Higher Education studies by introducing the basic numeracy skills required. The module will help learners develop problem-solving skills in preparation for a career in nursing.
What you will study
- Exploring basic mathematical skills
- Exploring numeracy ability – requirements for nursing
- Conversions for Nursing
- Strategies to support numeracy skill improvement
- Importance of Patient safety
- Using ICT and e-based tools and resources to support
- Numeracy skills
- Setting personal development targets
- Organising and planning own study
The course will run from 9.30am to 3pm on the following dates:
- 04 October 2019
- 11 October 2019
- 18 October 2019
- 22 October 2019
- 01 November 2019
Wrexham, Plas Coch campus
In class examination
Book via the online store.