the confident learner
This course is designed to enable you to increase your confidence as you take the next step in undergraduate education… whether you are returning to study after a period away, just about to start at university or thinking about taking a professional or part time course, this course will enable you:
- Research and find information from a range of sources
- Improve your presentation skills
- Prepare for a higher level of study
- Improve and enhance your it skills
- Build your confidence so you can achieve your potential
What you will study
By the end of the module learners will be able to:
- Locate, evaluate and use information from a variety of sources
- Demonstrate the need for clarity and coherence in the presentation of views
- Adopt appropriate styles of academic writing and presentation at HE level
- Give a presentation using conventions for citing and referencing sources
- Support and supervise
- Manage conflict
- Monitor and record
- Prioritise issues
- Understand personal beliefs, values and attitudes
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who:
- Is transitioning between level 3 and 4
- Is starting University in September 2018 (regardless of University)
- Is thinking about starting a PT or professional course but is not 100% sure due to low qualifications
- Anyone who has already applied to University but need to increase their entry grades
Assessment One (Coursework 50%):
During the module students will produce a portfolio that demonstrates their competence in locating, evaluating and using information from a variety of courses. They will be expected to write two short pieces of work (500 words) that enables them to present their views in a clear and coherent way, in line with academic conventions.
Assessment Two (Presentation 50%): Students will prepare and undertake a ten-minute presentation; using ICT resources and software to demonstrate how the skills required to become a confident learner have been used to develop own next steps into study.
20 credits at level 4.
Course start dates
Wednesday 11 April 2018
Wednesday 13 June 2018
The course takes place for 2.5 hours per week (Wednesday mornings) for 6 weeks.
To book visit our online shop.