the confident learner
This course is designed to enable you to increase your confidence as you take the next step in undergraduate education… whether you are returning to study after a period away, just about to start at university or thinking about taking a professional or part-time course, this course will enable you to:
- Research and find information from a range of sources
- Improve your presentation skills
- Prepare for a higher level of study
- Improve and enhance your I.T skills
- Build your confidence so you can achieve your potential
What you will study
By the end of the module learners will be able to:
- Locate, evaluate and use information from a variety of sources
- Demonstrate the need for clarity and coherence in the presentation of views
- Adopt appropriate styles of academic writing and presentation at HE level
- Give a presentation using conventions for citing and referencing sources
- Support and supervise
- Manage conflict
- Monitor and record
- Prioritise issues
- Understand personal beliefs, values and attitudes
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who:
- Is transitioning between level 3 and 4
- Is starting University in September (regardless of University)
- Is thinking about starting a PT or professional course but is not 100% sure due to low qualifications
- Anyone who has already applied to University but needs to increase their entry grades
Assessment One (Coursework 50%):
During the module, students will produce a portfolio that demonstrates their competence in locating, evaluating and using information from a variety of courses. They will be expected to write two short pieces of work (500 words) that enables them to present their views in a clear and coherent way, in line with academic conventions.
Assessment Two (Presentation 50%): Students will prepare and undertake a ten-minute presentation; using ICT resources and software to demonstrate how the skills required to become a confident learner have been used to develop own next steps into study.
20 credits at level 4.
Course start dates
10, 11 & 24 June 2019
8, 9 & 22 July 2019
5, 6 & 19 August 2019
2, 3 & 16 September 2019
Mondays: June 3rd , 10th, 17th, 24th, July 1st, 8th. 5.30pm -8.30pm
Mondays: July 15th, 22nd, 29th, August 5th, 12th,19th. 5.30pm -8.30pm
Wednesdays: August 7th, 14th, 21st, September 4th, 11th, 18th. 5.30pm -8.30pm
To book, visit our online shop.