the confident learner
This course is designed to enable you to increase your confidence as you take the next step in undergraduate education… whether you are returning to study after a period away, just about to start at university or thinking about taking a professional or part-time course, this course will enable you to:
- Research and find information from a range of sources
- Improve your presentation skills
- Prepare for a higher level of study
- Improve and enhance your I.T skills
- Build your confidence so you can achieve your potential
What you will study
By the end of the module learners will be able to:
- Locate, evaluate and use information from a variety of sources
- Demonstrate the need for clarity and coherence in the presentation of views
- Adopt appropriate styles of academic writing and presentation at HE level
- Give a presentation using conventions for citing and referencing sources
- Support and supervise
- Manage conflict
- Monitor and record
- Prioritise issues
- Understand personal beliefs, values and attitudes
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who:
- Is transitioning between level 3 and 4
- Is starting University in September 2018 (regardless of University)
- Is thinking about starting a PT or professional course but is not 100% sure due to low qualifications
- Anyone who has already applied to University but needs to increase their entry grades
Assessment One (Coursework 50%):
During the module, students will produce a portfolio that demonstrates their competence in locating, evaluating and using information from a variety of courses. They will be expected to write two short pieces of work (500 words) that enables them to present their views in a clear and coherent way, in line with academic conventions.
Assessment Two (Presentation 50%): Students will prepare and undertake a ten-minute presentation; using ICT resources and software to demonstrate how the skills required to become a confident learner have been used to develop own next steps into study.
20 credits at level 4.
Course start dates
August 20, 21 & 28, 9.30am – 3.30 pm
October 10, 17, 24, November 7, 14, 21 9.30am - 12pm
January 30, February 6, 13, 20, March 6, 13 9.30am - 12pm
May 1, 8, 15, 22, June 5, 12 9.30am - 12pm
To book, visit our online shop.