Confident Numeracy - Online Course
*COURSE DELIVERED ONLINE*
This course is designed to enable you to increase your confidence in using maths… whether you are returning to study after a period away, just about to start at university or thinking about taking a professional or part-time course, this course will enable you to:
- Prepare for subjects with mathematical content
- Build confidence in using mathematics to solve problems
- Development understanding in key mathematical skills
- Understand and develop applied problem solving
- Build your confidence so you can achieve your potential
What you will study
The indicative syllabus outline for this course includes:
- Basic arithmetic operations
- Calculators (How to use)
- Factors and prime numbers
- Exponentials and Logarithms
- Ratios and percentages
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who:
- Wants to develop their confidence in handling mathematical skills
- Is starting University in September (regardless of University)
- Is transitioning between level 3 and 4 of university study
- Is thinking about starting a part-time or professional course but is not 100% sure due to current low qualifications
- Anyone who has already applied to University but needs to increase their entry grades
There are two points of assessment;
- Assessment one: Online Quiz (10% weighting)
- Assessment two: Portfolio (90% Weighting)
Course start dates
This course will start on the 3rd August 2020 and will run for 6 weeks.
You will need to log in weekly to access the course content and undergo your studies.
*Please Note* Individuals only need to book the course once, the different courses refer to different start dates and they all have the same content.
Visit the online store to book the online shop.
Bookings for the course will close a week prior to the course start date.