The Confident Learner - Online Course
*COURSE DELIVERED ONLINE*
This course is designed to enable you to increase your confidence as you take the next step in undergraduate education… whether you are returning to study after a period away, just about to start at university or thinking about taking a professional or part-time course, this course will enable you to:
- Research and find information from a range of sources
- Improve your presentation skills
- Prepare for a higher level of study
- Improve and enhance your I.T skills
- Build your confidence so you can achieve your potential
"I’m really enjoying myself and I am feeling so much more relaxed about everything now. I know where most things are in the uni so I’m not worried about getting lost in a maze of buildings or carparks! The lessons are really informative and the big confusing "referencing" worries are really starting to go away. I can’t recommend the course enough. I already feel like I have settled into uni life, regardless of the fact I only start in September."
– Helen Anderson,Confident Learner student, joining BA Hons Business (with foundation year) in September
What you will study
By the end of the module learners will be able to:
- Locate, evaluate and use information from a variety of sources
- Demonstrate the need for clarity and coherence in the presentation of views
- Adopt appropriate styles of academic writing and presentation at HE level
- Give a presentation using conventions for citing and referencing sources
- Support and supervise
- Manage conflict
- Monitor and record
- Prioritise issues
- Understand personal beliefs, values and attitudes
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who:
- Is transitioning between level 3 and 4
- Is starting University in September (regardless of University)
- Is thinking about starting a PT or professional course but is not 100% sure due to low qualifications
- Anyone who has already applied to University but needs to increase their entry grades
Assessment One (Coursework 50%):
During the module, students will produce a portfolio that demonstrates their competence in locating, evaluating and using information from a variety of courses. They will be expected to write two short pieces of work (500 words) that enables them to present their views in a clear and coherent way, in line with academic conventions.
Assessment Two (Presentation 50%): Students will prepare a ten-minute presentation; using ICT resources and software to demonstrate how the skills required to become a confident learner have been used to develop own next steps into study.
20 credits at level 4.
Course start dates
The course will cover 4 weeks of learning; 5 hours per week for 4 weeks with the assessment on the 6th week. This will be delivered online through Moodle through the medium of English.
4th January 2021
1st February 2021
1st March 2021
10th May 2021
7th June 2021
5th July 2021
*Please Note* Individuals only need to book the course once, the different courses refer to different start dates and they all have the same content.
Visit the online store to book the Confident learner course.
* The booking for this course closes a week before the course start date. If you would like to find out more about future dates for this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org