Clinical Skills for Healthcare Workers
The aim of this module is to develop the underpinning knowledge and understanding of theory and practice pertaining to key clinical skills that are relevant to students within their roles as health care assistances.
What you will study
- Principles of Infection Control & Hand washing
- The Urinary System / Urinalysis (indication for, normal ranges etc.)
- Blood Glucose Monitoring / The Blood and Fluid Balance
- The Integumentary System / Skin Integrity & Skin Assessment
- The Special Senses
- The Cardiovascular System
- Vital signs (including NEWS) / ADCDE Assessment
- Obtaining Venous Blood Samples
- The Respiratory System / Oxygen therapy
- Basic life support and Essential First Aid (Adults & Paediatrics)
- Aseptic technique (including ANTT)
- Numeracy & Basic medicine calculations
- Clinical Documentation in relation to Clinical Observations
- Fundamental of Care (Ensuring Safety)
OSCE and written examination.
20 Credits at level 4.
Funded through BCU.
For more information, or to book on the course please contact Jill Williams, Vocational Education Manager by email on Jill.Williams5@wales.nhs.uk or Tel: 01978 725943.
If Jill isn't available, contact Barbara Owen on Barbara.Owen@wales.nhs.uk or Tel: 01978 725804