Certificate of Continuing Education – Communication and Signposting in practice
This course is designed for those in a front facing health centered role to enable better communication and to promote social signposting within healthcare. You must be in a front-facing healthcare role to be able to study this short course.
What you will study
Session 1: Your role and the context of Health within Wales
- Wider Health Context
- The role of the receptionist
- More Than Medicine – what else is available
- What matters?
- Other Health Professionals and what they can offer
Session 2: Social Signposting
- What is social signposting
- What are the tools available to you
- What is out there in the community
- What is a package of care?
- What Matters? How this tool can help
- Scenarios for application
Session 3: Communications essentials
- Communication styles – coaching/questioning
- Difficult conversations
- Reflective listening/mirroring and the basics on NLP
- Overcoming barriers – fear of change, lack of information
- What matters? What questions you can ask and how to add value to your practice
Session 4: Patient Excellence
- Your own and others’ behaviour and communication preferences
- How you come across to others
- The impact and effect of different styles of communication
- How to communicate effectively with the different elements
- How adapt your style to motivate, influence and persuade others depending on their elemental preferences
4 1/2 sessions usually spread over three months.
4,000 word experiential statement and report broken down into 4 x 1000 statements to be completed throughout the course.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org