Business Operations Management
The Business Operations Management course will offer students a structured approach to support individuals as they and their organisations manage activities within the production of goods and services, utilizing human and material resources. Business operations management is a key skill and knowledge area in an era where organisations are undergoing big, complex and interdependent changes in a business environment where so much of what was certain in terms of business models, market forces and required talent capabilities have been rendered obsolete. By learning business operations management skills and how to lead operations as an essential part of running any business the individual can contribute positively to a key differentiating factor between the value proposition their organisation offers its customers and other companies competing in the same area.
What you will study
The content for the course will be delivered entirely online over the course of 8 weeks and will broadly address the following:
- Introduction to Business Operations Management
- Process flow and capacity management
- Lean operations and quality control
- Supply chain management
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Tool kits and techniques for business operations planning
- Implementing a business operations plan prioritising human and material resources
- Adapting to evolving risks and opportunities
Course Start Date
13th September 2021 for 8 weeks.
The delivery for the eight week short course will include:
- 1 x recorded lecture per week
- Supporting signposts to learning material on Moodle, such as links to videos (e.g. TED talks), a Moodle book if appropriate and further reading
- Material to support the delivery of 6 x Asynchronous tutorials
- Delivery of 2 x 2hr Dialogic forums
Portfolio – Learning log and Journal.
Visit the online shop.