We pride ourselves on applied research at Wrexham Glyndwr University – that is research which makes a difference to industry and communities regionally and nationally.
Our expertise spans a wide range of areas and is fundamental to the work of our four academic schools:
- School of Creative Arts
- North Wales Business School
- School of Applied Science, Computing and Engineering
- School of Social and Life Sciences
More information about our research and examples of our major research projects and activities can be found in our Annual Research Report.
Published outputs from our research are available from our online Research Repository.
The University is a supporter of the Concordat to support the Career Development of Researchers and we participate in GuildHE’s CREST Initiative through which we collaborate on researcher support and training with other institutions. The University currently holds the HR Excellence in Research Award.
We hold a series of professorial lectures and research seminars throughout the year which are often open to the public.
Wrexham Glyndŵr University is a supporter of the Concordat to support Research Integrity.
Our research activities are led and coordinated through our four research centres:
Centre for Applied Science, Computing and Engineering
- Advanced Composite Training and Development Centre
- Analytical Decision Making Research Group (ADM)
- Centre for Water Soluble Polymers (CWSP)
- Computational Mechanics, Manufacturing simulation, Design and Optimisation Group (CoMManDO)
- Applied Research in Computing Laboratories ARCLAb
- Centre for Ultra-realistic Imaging (CURI)
North Wales Business School Research Centre
Centre for the Creative Arts
Social and Life Sciences Research Centre
- Education Group
- Society & Social Policy Group
- Psychology Group
- Sport, Health & Wellbeing Group
- Rural Policy Group