How to apply, Entry Requirements & Programme Information
Should you decide to apply for a postgraduate research degree, at this level of study, the University will need to carefully consider whether there is adequate supervision and resources for your proposed area of study. Each student will be provided with a supervisory team of at least two academic staff members; at least one of whom will be a subject specialist in your proposed area of research.
Before doing so, please ensure that you inform your referees as once you have submitted your application, the system will automatically contact your referees on your behalf. Your application will not be considered without two appropriate references and all additional documents required with your application, which include:
- Copies of certificates/transcripts
- Copy of English language proficiency certificate (if required)
- Full curriculum vitae
- Broad outline of your proposed research project
- You may also be asked to complete a fees assessment in order to determine the level of tuition fee payable.
- If you will be based overseas for your research, you will also be asked to answer additional questions within the online application form.
A direct link to the online application system is here: University of Chester's admissions system.
If you have any questions before making an online application, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44 (0)1978 293063.