Coronavirus update and international programmes
Wrexham Glyndŵr University has a strong history of welcoming international students and staff to the UK and they are very much part of our community. We understand that students and staff may be worried about the situation and we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation. Ensuring the safety and welfare of our staff and students is our priority.
Wrexham Glyndwr University are committed to transparent and clear communication and we commit ourselves to keeping all applicants informed regarding future changes either directly or through their agent.
If you are an international student who requires a Tier 4 student visa your application should be made via Centurus. You will need to fill in your details, upload any documents relevant to your application and confirm your student declaration.
If you are applying for Single Semester Study only, you will not need a visa to study in the UK. You can apply to study for one semester by completing the direct application form.
The documents that need to be uploaded are:
- A scanned copy of your passport (including personal details page)
- Certificates and transcripts showing your academic progression so far
- Certified translations of overseas certificates and transcripts where the document is not in English or Welsh.
- An acceptable English Language Certificate listed here
- Copy of Tuberculosis screening if you are a resident in any of the countries listed on this link here. More information about Tuberculosis screening can be found here
- 2 x Academic reference letters (further references might be required).
- Evidence of finances to pay first year’s full tuition fee and to cover UKVI maintenance requirements.
- Evidence of Work Experience (where relevant).
If you have previously studied in the UK, you are also required to provide the extra documents listed below:I• Scanned copy of the passport page showing entry clearance in to the UK and return overseas
- Copies of any UK visas you have previously held
- Copies of Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) documents / visa letters for all previous studies undertaken in the UK
- Copies of any visa / ATAS refusal letters (if applicable)
- Copies of any visa / ATAS appeal or administrative review letters (if applicable)
- Evidence of any removal / deportation / detention notices (if applicable)
For more information about the UKVI requirements please read the Student Visa guidance on the below link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/points-based-system-student-route
Please note, once an application has been submitted all correspondence to and from Wrexham Glyndŵr University should be made via the notes section on Centurus.
Once you have submitted your application
• On successful completion of these checks and providing you meet all the academic and English language entry requirements a conditional offer will be made.
• Once you’ve successfully fulfilled the conditions of your offer, Wrexham Glyndŵr University’s Immigration Compliance team will be in contact with you to arrange a
• If your compliance interview is successful and the course fees have been paid the Immigration Compliance team will then issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance for
Studies (CAS) letter.
• When you have received your CAS letter, you will then be able to apply for a Student Visa.
For more information contact: email@example.com