Wrexham Glyndwr University International Scholarships
Scholarships available to international students at Wrexham Glyndwr University
The Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship
Value: £10,000 (tuition fees)
Number of scholarships available: 3
Wrexham Glyndwr University with Study in Wales is excited to announce this prestigious new scholarship programme for international students wishing to study at a Welsh University in 2021.
The Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2021 is the first scholarship of its kind in Wales and is funded by the Global Wales Programme – a partnership between the Welsh Government, Universities Wales, The British Council and HEFCW.
You need to have already applied for a place to study an eligible postgraduate programme at this University before you submit your scholarship application.
You can also see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information and common questions about the scheme.
Postgraduate Taught – A one year Masters course studied on a full time basis beginning in 2021.
To be eligible for the Global Wales Postgraduate scholarships, you must:
1. Have submitted an application to study an eligible postgraduate programme at: Wrexham Glyndŵr University.
2. be due to start your postgraduate programme during 2021.
3. be classed as an overseas student for fee paying purposes.
4. be a citizen of one of the following countries: USA, India, Vietnam and one of the listed EU countries.
5. Applicants must have applied for and received an offer to study at Wrexham Glyndŵr University at Master’s level in September 2021 only.
6. be classed as an overseas student for fee paying purposes.
7. Applicants must pay their course deposit by the deadline stated in their offer letter in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
8. Successful applicants will not be able to combine The Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship with any other scholarship that Wrexham Glyndŵr University offers.
9. Students studying for a PhD, MPhil, Masters by Research, Graduate Diploma in Law, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate or Erasmus Mundus programme are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
10. Successful candidates will have their tuition fee levied at enrolment. Candidates must confirm acceptance of their scholarship, accept an offer of a place on a course and pay their deposit.
11. Scholarship holders, having accepted an award, are reasonably expected to co-operate in Wrexham Glyndŵr University recruitment activities and automatically agree to their names and details being released by the University’s International Development Office for marketing purposes.
12. Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the awarding committee
• Scholarships will be given in the form of a tuition fee discount and are non-transferable. No cash alternative will be offered.
• If the amount of scholarship awarded is more than the cost of the tuition fees, the tuition fees will be covered in full and any remainder will not be issued.
• Universities Wales reserves the right to update or amend scholarship awards without notice, based on the availability and quality of applications that are received.
• Wrexham Glyndŵr University reserves the right to interview shortlisted candidates.
Applications are open now. The closing date for all applications for September 2021 is 23:59 on June 20th 2021. 3:59 (BST).
Other International Scholarships at Wrexham Glyndŵr University through Global wales
• Gilman-Global Wales Awards for US undergraduates seeking a period of study in Wales.
• Global Wales Fulbright Awards for the most able US students to pursue Masters degrees in Wales.
• Chevening Scholarships for postgraduate study in Wales, for students from Vietnam and India.
You can find a list of scholarships on the British Council’s Study UK website, and the UK Council for International Student Affairs also has useful information
It’s worth noting that most scholarships are very competitive. It’s essential to set aside enough time to prepare your application, and to apply early.
Wrexham Glyndwr University International Scholarship
All International students (both undergraduate and postgraduate) are eligible to apply for the Wrexham Glyndŵr University international scholarship of up to £2000.