GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Secure Campus: Information on how we're keeping our campuses safe.

Wrexham Glyndwr University Logo
Fees and VIsas

Fees and VIsas

 Coronavirus update and international programmes

Wrexham Glyndŵr University has a strong history of welcoming international students and staff to the UK and they are very much part of our community. We understand that students and staff may be worried about the situation and we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation. Ensuring the safety and welfare of our staff and students is our priority.

International Admissions

Wrexham Glyndwr University are committed to transparent and clear communication and we commit ourselves to keeping all applicants informed regarding future changes either directly or through their agent.


International Fees 21/22

Degree Tuition fee Scholarship bursary*
Undergraduate £11,750  Up to £2,000
Postgraduate £12,500  Up to £2,000
MBA** £13,000  Up to £2,000

MPhil/PhD (Lab Based - Full Time)

[University of Chester Award]

£16,786  Up to £1,000

MPhil/PhD (Classroom Based - Full Time)

[University of Chester Award]

£13,031  Up to £1,000

Part-time fees are pro-rata of full-time fees.

Repeat years are charged at the full fee rate.

Advanced Practice Placement Module: £500

  * International Scholarship (UG/PG)
£2000 bursary payable when 100% of tuition fees are paid before issue of CAS.
£1000 bursary payable when   75% of tuition fees are paid before issue of CAS.

** Advanced Practice Module: £500


Extended Masters Courses  (more information here)

Programme Tuition fee Scholarship bursary*
Extended Masters (MBA) £15,500 scholarship up to £2000
Extended Masters (not MBA) £15,000 scholarship up to £2000

 * International Scholarship
£2000 bursary payable when 100% of tuition fees are paid before issue of CAS.
£1000 bursary payable when   75% of tuition fees are paid before issue of CAS.

Pre-Sessional English Courses  (more information here)


Length of course


5 weeks     £1,250    
        10 weeks             £2,400    
18 weeks     £3,600    
30 weeks     £5,000    


The above mentioned international student fees cover the tuition fee only and do not cover accommodation charges or living costs. All international undergraduate tuition fees are paid annually for the duration of the course and remain the same throughout the degree programme.

At Wrexham Glyndwr University, we know that our international students often get caught out by annoying transfer fees when paying their tuition fees. We don't think that's fair, so we've teamed up with TransferMate to help you pay your fees without wasting precious funds on additional fees or charges. This online system makes it easier and cheaper for you to pay your student fees and accommodation. 


You should be aware of our ‌fee regulations which provide an overview of when fees are due, along with the policies and procedures of the university. This can be found via the link below:-

Student Tuition Fee Regulations 2021-2022

Student Tuition Fee Regulations 2020-21

These fees are agreed in the context of the:

Applying for a Visa

To study in the UK each international student must have a valid visa – a special permission from the UK government which allows you to come to (or remain in) the UK to study.

You can check if you require a visa on the UK Home Office website

There are three types of visas for studying in the UK:

Short-term study visa - This visa type is for students coming to the UK to study on an intensive English Language (that lasts between 6 and 11 months).
Visitor Visa - This visa type is for students coming to the UK to study for up to 6 months e.g one semester of study.
Student Visa: This visa type is for students who do not come under the above visa types. Information about this visa can be found below.

You can find out more information about the requirements on the Home Office website

If you have any questions about immigration and visas, or are having problems applying, email, or call 0044 1978 293057 (from outside the UK) or 01978 293057 (from inside the UK).

Download the student visa outline here.


‘Student Visa’ Points Based System (PBS) - you need to score 70 points to be awarded a student visa.

To be eligible to apply for a Student visa, you need to be able to score 70 points. Points are non-tradeable, which means you will need to meet all the requirements. You will be awarded points for meeting the requirements of the


Points Type Requirements to be met Number of points

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) requirement
Course requirement
Approved Qualification requirement
Level of Study requirement
Place of Study requirement

Financial    Financial requirement 10
English language English language requirement 10

The listed requirements set out in the table above mean that to successfully apply for a Student visa, you must demonstrate that:

• you have an unconditional offer from an approved sponsoring institution. When you apply for a Student visa, you will need to provide your reference number from the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) which is provided by your education provider once they’ve offered you an unconditional place on a course
• you are taking a course that leads to an approved qualification at an appropriate level of study
• you have any relevant academic qualifications needed to undertake the course
• you genuinely intend to study in the UK
• you can financially support yourself during your studies in the UK
• you can speak, read, write and understand English to the required standard for the level of course you intend to study.

Everything you need to know about this visa can be found on the two following links:


Postgraduate courses - ATAS

If you are a visa-national student who is studying a postgraduate qualification in certain sensitive subject areas, you may be required to apply for ATAS clearance before we issue a CAS.

Whether you need an ATAS certificate depends on your specific area of study. If you do need it, and you are making a Student Visa application to study at Wrexham Glyndŵr University you will need to obtain the ATAS certificate before you will be issued with a CAS. Your conditional offer letter will let you know whether or not ATAS clearance is necessary.

If you have other time-limited immigration permission, you will still need an ATAS certificate before you can start the course, if it is in one of the specific subject areas.

For more information about which subject areas and qualifications that require an ATAS certificate and to apply online please visit the below link, this link also provides a list of countries where nationals of certain countries are not required to provide an ATAS.

There is no charge for applying for an ATAS certificate and there is no limit to the amount of times you can apply for an ATAS certificate.

It can take between 20 to 30 working days for an ATAS certificate to be issued and sometimes longer during busy periods. If your course requires ATAS clearance please make sure you start the process as soon as possible after receiving your conditional offer letter.

If you already have an ATAS certificate for your programme, and your area of research has changed or your research is taking longer than expected, you must apply for a new certificate.

If you have not had a response from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) about your ATAS application within four weeks, check your Spam or Junk folder in case it has been filtered out. You can also contact the ATAS Team at the FCO via their website if you think you have missed their response.

Wrexham Glyndwr University Undergraduate Prospectus