Entry & English Language Requirements
English Language Requirements
If your first language is not English, you must satisfy Wrexham Glyndŵr University’s English language entry requirements to gain admission to our courses.
We will only accept tests approved UK Visas and Immigration as a “Secure English Language Test, which are:
- Trinity College London, Integrated Skills in English (ISE)
- Cambridge English, International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Our Accepted grades are:
- Academic IELTS for UKVI
- Undergraduate study 6.0 (no band lower than 5.5)
- Postgraduate study 6.5 (no band lower than 6.0)
- Academic IELTS for UKVI should be taken at a test centre approved by the UKVI.
For further information on English language qualifications accepted by the UKVI, please visit the UKVI website.
You can find more about these tests, costs and locations of testing centres below:
If you are going to apply, or already hold an offer, for an undergraduate or a postgraduate course at Wrexham Glyndŵr University but need to improve your English language skills before the start of your course then our pre-sessional courses will help you to achieve your required standard:
Applicants who need to improve their IELTS scores may wish to consider preperation courses at our Language Centre: