Talks and events
Wrexham Glyndŵr University Open Day, Sat, November 10am-2pm
Below is an estimated timetable for the November 11 open day. Times will be confirmed closer to the date.
Registration 10.00am – 1.00pm (the University will remain open to visitors until 2.00pm)
Academic staff will be available in the sports hall from 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Science department providing tours of lab facilities.
- Complementary Medicine students providing free hand massage.
- Tutors from Creative Media Technology showcasing our TV, Sound and Music Technology facilities within the Centre for Creative Industries.
- Education tutors offering visitors the chance to try an online e-learning module.
- Find out more about our Merlin flight simulator and the home of Glyndwr Racing in our Engineering Department.
- 1-to-1 advice on student funding and welfare matters
General Campus Tours depart every 30 minutes from the Sports Centre, beginning at 10am.
Enquiries and Admissions team will be on hand to offer advice on Personal Statements and Interview Guidance.
Animal & Equine programmes will be showcased at our Northop campus, which will be open from 10am-2pm
Representatives from Wrexham Glyndwr SU, including societies and sports teams will be available from 10.00am to 2.00pm in the Student Lounge.
John Troth Lecture Theatre B
11.30am Occupational Therapy
12.00pm Education, Childhood & Family Studies
12.30pm Health & Mental Health
John Troth Lecture Theatre A
11.00am DVC Welcome Address by Vice Chancellor Maria Hinfelaar, followed by an accommodation tour by Meryl Austin and Sarah Fisher.
12.15pm Accommodation tour
1.15pm Accommodation tour
A room within our student village accommodation block will be available to view outside of these hours if you are unable to make the talks.
Edward Llywd Centre Lecture Theatre B
11.00am Sports Coaching & Football
12.30pm Cyber Security
Disability Support will be available to provide one-to-one advice and guidance.
The Careers Centre is open for drop-in advice and guidance.
School of Creative Arts
11.20am Fine & Applied Arts
12.00pm Portfolio Workshop with Alec Shepley, Head of School
Guided tours of the building will take place at:
10.15am 11.15am 12.15pm 1.15pm
NB: The art school is based just off campus, on Regent Street. Shuttle buses will be available throughout the day to take visitors between here and the main campus.