About the Faculty
Welcome from the Dean of Faculty
"Welcome to the Faculty of Social and Life Sciences at Wrexham Glyndŵr University. Our aim is to create an inspiring learning environment, a true centre of excellence for teaching and research, helping to transform student lives, our community and organisations in the wider region. The Faculty team works as one to create a culture of openness, accessible learning and support, respect, innovation and ambition in our students’ aspirations.
Students are very much partners at Wrexham Glyndwr University and we are committed to delivering high quality education and maximising employability for all our students.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Faculty as a student, member of staff or partner."
Simon Stewart, Dean of Faculty of Social & Life Sciences
The Faculty of Social and Life Sciences is passionate about the needs of society, whether that be education, health, social care, the environment or the justice system. Both the academic and support teams are dedicated to our students, ensuring they are fully supported and offered every opportunity to make a difference to their life and to that of others in the community.
Excellent links with industry and public services in the region give the Faculty the opportunity to secure a wide variety of work placements for students allowing for invaluable experience to be gained as part of their studies. The academic team has a wealth of practice knowledge and industry expertise which they use to advise organisations in the region. These industry partnerships are essential in ensuring programmes are fit for purpose and provide the highest employment opportunities and career progression.
Gaining practical skills and experience in real situations is key to all courses and many of the courses also offer professional accreditations through close working relationships with professional bodies such as Social Care Wales, the British Horse Society, Royal College of Occupational Therapists and the British Psychological Society.
The Faculty’s friendly staff team fully understand the challenges of balancing study with life, family and work commitments and class sizes are kept small to ensure that a supportive environment is fostered. Students are able to engage on a journey that combines both personal development in the early part of their degree and professional development as they progress through their course. The Faculty utilises a mix of approaches to teaching and learning and a variety of delivery styles to suit differing student needs (including online/distant learning for some courses).
- Social Work
- Public Service Leadership
- Therapeutic Child Care
- Youth & Community
- Football Coaching and the Performance Specialist
- Sports Coaching for Participation and Performance Development
- Sport, Health and Performance Science
- Accounting and Finance
- Financial Technology Management
- Hospitality Tourism and Event Management
- Human Resource Management
Health, Psychology and Social Care
- Advanced Clinical Practice
- Health Care Studies
- Health and Social Care
- Primary Healthcare
- Public Health and Wellbeing
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Applied Clinical Research
- Applied Biomedical Sciences Research
- Biomedical Sciences
- Community Specialist Practice (District Nursing)
- Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Health Visiting)
- Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (School Nursing)
- Leadership and Healthcare Management
- Occupational Therapy
- Rehabilitation and Injury Management
- Counselling Adults
- Counselling Children and Young People
Education, Family and Childhood Studies
- Education and Childhood Studies
- Families and Childhood Studies
- Early Childhood Practice
- Education (ALN-Dyslexia)
- Education (Counselling Skills for Education)
- Education (Leadership)
- Education (Learning and Teaching)
- Play, Policy and Practice