Wrexham Glyndwr University is based in north east Wales. Our main campus in Wrexham is ideally located to give students a great experience of studying in the UK. Wrexham is a vibrant and safe town with plenty to see and do. Being only an hour from the major cities of Liverpool and Manchester but also having beautiful scenery, heritage and outdoor activities right on the doorstep gives students the ability to have it all.
We offer vocationally relevant courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in a wide range of subjects including business, engineering, science, computing and the creative arts. Our career-focused facilities give students the ability to apply their knowledge and learn from practising their skills. Students are also given opportunities to engage with industry and showcase their work in competitions and exhibitions.
By choosing Wrexham Glyndwr University you will become part of a friendly, supportive community. Our lecturing teams are supportive with small class sizes meaning that students are able to easily gain support.
We require one of the following Federal Secondary School Leaving Certificate for undergraduate entry:
- Certificat de Maturité / Certificat de Maturité Cantonal reconnu par la Confédératio
- Maturität / Eidgenössisch anerkanntes kantonales Maturitätszeugnis
- Attestato di Maturità / Attestato di Maturità Cantonale riconosciuto dalla Confederazione.
with an overall grade of 4.4 (where we require 112 UCAS tariff points); or an overall grade of 4.5 (for 120 UCAS tariff points).
Those with an overall grade under 4.4 would be considered for the Foundation Year.
For postgraduate study we require an overall grade of 5 or above from the Diplom/Diplôme; Lizentiat/Licence; Staatsdiplom/Diplôme d'Etat or Fachhochschule Diplom (FH)/Hautes Écoles Specialisées Diplôme or a bachelor degree (post-2001).
For all levels of study, we’d also look for evidence of your English language ability. If you’ve taken an IELTS test, we’d look for:
- Undergraduate – 6.0 overall, with no band below 6.0. Individual bands score of 0.5 below this required total may be considered.
- Postgraduate – 6.5 overall with no band below 6.5. Individual band scores of 0.5 below this required total may be considered.