Language Courses for Corporate Clients
Did you know…?
“One in every five British exporters knows it is losing overseas business through its inability to overcome language and cultural differences.” (British Chambers of Commerce report)
“Nearly three quarters of UK private sector employers see a need for – or at least a benefit in having – foreign language skills in their business.” (2012 CBI Employer survey)
“Employers value not only language skills per se, but the inherent skills and attributes – in particular the international and cultural awareness – that speaking a foreign language brings.” (Languages: State of the Nation report published by the British Academy for the humanities and social sciences)
As languages are no longer offered to the same degree in schools, employers find it increasingly difficult to recruit staff with the appropriate language skills. Therefore, many employers are now seeking language training for their existing employees.
The Language Centre at Wrexham Glyndŵr University offers an exciting variety of language learning opportunities at a range of levels. Our courses are ideal for business people who wish to to communicate with clients, break into new markets and compete on a global stage.
The range of languages currently on offer are English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Chinese (Mandarin), Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian and Spanish. Other languages can be arranged upon request. Participants can also be entered for nationally recognised foreign language qualifications in a range of languages.
Our courses focus on all four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. They also pay particular attention to the culture of the country or countries in which the language is spoken. Tuition can take place either in our well-equipped Language Centre or on your premises.
For commercial clients we can offer:
- Intensive and tailor-made language courses in a variety of languages
- A personalised needs analysis and learning plan for each student
- Initial language testing and regular progress reports during the course
- An end of course assessment and report evaluating the students’ progress
- Classes on a one-to-one basis or in small groups
Why study languages?
- Learn to communicate with colleagues, clients and suppliers in other countries
- Win new business by enhancing your cultural knowledge and awareness
- Make your business more competitive on a global scale
- Develop your communication skills in both your own language and your foreign language
- Feel more confident travelling abroad for business
- Become part of the multilingual community
Why choose Wrexham Glyndwr University Language Centre?
Choose us for:
- Our highly experienced, qualified and enthusiastic staff
- Language classes at higher education level
- Content geared towards every day, practical language needs
- Our state-of-the-art teaching and self-study facilities
- Both a linguistic and cultural experience
If you have any questions or would like to request a tailor-made quote for your group, please send an email to email@example.com