European Language Courses
The languages currently on offer are Italian and Spanish only for complete beginners. Our courses are ideal for those who wish to learn a language for work, travel or pleasure.
The courses focus on all four language skills in the following order: speaking, listening, reading and writing. They also pay particular attention to the culture of the country or countries in which the language is spoken.
Why study languages?
- Improve your CV and employability.
- Learn to communicate with friends, colleagues and clients in other countries.
- Develop your communication skills in both your own language and your new language.
- Enhance your cultural knowledge and awareness.
- Become part of the multilingual community.
Why choose Wrexham Glyndwr University Language Centre?
Choose us for:
- Our highly experienced, qualified and enthusiastic staff.
- Language classes at higher education level.
- Content geared towards every day, practical language needs.
- Our state-of-the-art teaching and self-study facilities.
- Both a linguistic and cultural experience.
Classes usually take place one evening a week resulting in 40hrs of learning activity and run from September/ October until a final exam in April. Occasionally classes do start in January; for further information see ‘applications and enrolments’ below.
The provisional timetable is as follows:
£210 for UK/EU course participants, £280 for international course participants; Wrexham Glyndŵr University students and staff £140.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive 20 UK HE credits (10 ECTS).
Applications and Enrolments
Information/enrolment events for Italian and Spanish beginners, starting October 2018 subject to feasible student numbers, will be as listed below and as included in the timetable above. Please note that any enquiries regarding October 2018 start can only be dealt with at these events:
- Wednesday, May 23, 4 - 7pm (Language Centre desk at the University’s Open Evening)
- Saturday, June 9, 10am - 2pm (Language Centre desk at the University’s Open Day)
- Saturday, August 18, 10am - 2pm (Language Centre desk at the University’s Open Day)
- Monday, September 24, 6 - 7pm (enquire at the main reception)
- Tuesday, September 25, 6 - 7pm (enquire at the main reception)
- Wednesday, September 26, 6 - 7pm (enquire at the main reception)