English Language Programmes for Professionals
The English language has become the lingua franca in many different industries from business to science, engineering to the arts. In the world of work, non-native speakers increasingly need to improve their level of English to communicate with clients, break into new markets and compete on the international job market. Our English language programmes have been developed to help working professionals upgrade their English as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- A perfect way for participants to improve their English in a short period of time
- Our courses aim to improve all four language skills – reading, writing, speaking and listening but can focus on one or more skills as required
- We provide participants with an insight into UK culture as well as improving their English language skills
- Participants have access to the virtual learning environment (Moodle) and language laboratory (Melissi)
We offer our course participants
- A personalised needs analysis and learning plan
- Initial language testing and regular progress reports during the course
- Tailor-made classes can be provided on a one-to-one or group basis
- End of course assessment and progress report
- Confirmation of participation and a transcript upon successful completion of the course as appropriate
- Flexible content to suit their needs and interests
- Possible collaboration with other academic departments, visits to local businesses and excursions to nearby places of interest
Courses are delivered on a full time basis (25 hours /week) in small groups. All learning resources are provided by the course organisers. Participants will also have the opportunity to attend guided self-study sessions in our well-equipped language laboratory.
Vocabulary and grammar are given equal importance, and there is a strong focus on listening and speaking skills in professional situations throughout the course. Reading and writing skills are honed progressively, and at higher levels they will be at the centre of learning. Language specific to participants’ needs and areas of interest will be taught throughout the programme.
Minimum Age 18 years
Duration Flexible, ranging from 1 to 4 weeks
Class sizes Flexible, ranging from 1- 15 participants
The dedicated staff at the Language Centre would very much welcome the opportunity to prepare a personalised quotation for your organisation. For this purpose, details regarding your proposed stay (needs, course duration, number of participants…) should be sent to email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you in Wrexham in the very near future!