Meet students and support employabilityHere at the Glyndŵr Careers Centre, our main focus is on the employability of our students and graduates and we have many employers who directly contribute to this with their knowledge and expertise.
Whether you are a small, medium or a larger organisation, we value your contribution to the career development learning sessions we host.
We have a broad range of vocational-based subjects, so whatever your sector, we invite you to contribute. Students really value the experience of employers and the tips and advice you can bring.
How employers can contribute via the Careers Centre
- Pass on knowledge of what employers look for in CVs, applications or interviews
- Take a leading role in a group exercise on employability as part of a career development learning session
- Give a presentation to students about the realities of working in your sector and how they can achieve success
- Set up an information stand about working in your industry - and potentially recruit new staff at the same time
The list is endless. If you’re interested in taking part, no matter how small or large your think your contribution can be, we always welcome a discussion.
What employers say about working on career development learning programmes and events at Glyndŵr University
“I am very grateful to everyone who looked after me and for arranging the visit [to the Creative Futures Event]”
Glen Bertram, BBC Manager, Production Resourcing
“Thank you for inviting me to talk at the Creative Futures event; it was a real privilege and one that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was very pleased that the students were more than happy to participate in the fun and games. You have a really great group of students at the university and I wish them all the best in the coming weeks, months and years.”
Joanna Kinch, Director Kinchprint
“I really enjoyed talking to the students…the day was actually a very valuable experience for us at the theatre because in talking to the students we have realised there may be other ways we can help on a practical level.”
Anne Plenderleith, Education Producer, Clwyd Theatr Cymru
“I enjoyed taking part in the Creative Futures Event. I had some nice feedback from students afterwards via Twitter and a few sales from my shop too.”
Jonathan Edwards, Freelance Illustrator
Other opportunities for employers
- You may be interested in some of the sponsorship opportunities we offer