Glyndŵr University has a number of different sites across North Wales and the wider UK. Wrexham is our biggest campus and where it all started in 2008….or 1887, if you trace back through our history.
Some of our facilties across our campuses include:
- A £5m Centre for the Creative Industries. Opened in March 2011 and set-up to support our courses in art, music, journalism, media, TV, film and theatre. Also home to BBC Cymru Wales in North East Wales.
- Glyndŵr University Racecourse Stadium. Home to Wrexham FC and the North Wales Crusaders rugby league team. We purchased the stadium as a university and community facility in 2011, along with Colliers Park training ground in nearby Gresford.
- Science discovery centre Techniquest Glyndŵr
- Glyndŵr University, St. Asaph - home to science laboratories, research facilities and conferencing units.
- Catrin Finch - Glyndŵr University's £3m state-of-the-art conference and performance centre.
We have a vast array of specialist and technical equipment such as:
- Digital Signal Processing laboratory
- PLC and SCADA design laboratories
- Engine cell and wind tunnel testing
- Rapid prototyping facility
- GPC and static and dynamic light scattering
- Differential scanning calorimetry
- Electron spin resonance spectroscopy
- Laser diffraction
- Scanning electron microscopy with EDX analysis
- Optical micography
- Salt spray corrosion testing
- Hardness testing
- Tensile testing of metallic and non-metallic materials
- Noise measurement
- Dust monitoring
- Developmental CVD systems for opto-emitters solar cells
- Low temperature photoluminescence
- Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Scanning Tunnelling Microscopy
We’ll give you a warm welcome when you book or come to a conference at Glyndŵr University. Our friendly team of staff are here to ensure that you get everything you need whether it’s an event for two or two hundred.
To find out more visit our conferences and venues web section here