is underpinned by our values:
- Accessible in the learning we provide for our students, staff and community, being pro-active in promoting the value of higher education. This is grounded in a dedication to be inclusive and fair in how we provide our services
- Supportive of our learners and staff, as well as the region, helping all to gain confidence and achieve their potential. This implies a partnership focus to add value and share understanding – we work better and more effectively together, whether this is with students, staff, industry or other stakeholders
- Innovative in our delivery and management of academic provision and professional services, and in our relationships with collaborative and regulatory partners. This enables our culture, structure, policies and people to drive excellence, respond to need and deliver what we set out to achieve.
- Ambitious in what we seek to deliver for our students, staff and partners and in how we do that, recognising that there are no limits to learning and knowledge. This implies an innovative, enterprising and flexible approach; an eagerness to explore new ideas.
Has an applied focus
Driving excellence, through the delivery of an employer and industry-led course portfolio, to provide career-ready professionals to support and meet the needs of the regional, national and international economy.
Places students at the heart of what we do
Providing a vibrant, friendly and supportive community, foscused on inspiring each person through personal tutors, to support and meet individual needs in reaching their potential through academic excellence.
How we work
- We involve and listen to students in all we do
- We build mutually beneficial partnerships
- We deliver what we promise
- We keep processes simple and effective
- We anticipate and act
- We communicate openly and regularly
Find out more about the university's vision and strategy.