Halls on Campus
Our on-campus residences at Plas Coch Campus, are a perfect blend of quality and affordability which has made it our most popular accommodation.
When these features are combined with its location, across the road from the Edward Llwyd Centre (which contains our library, IT and Student Services departments), it is the ideal accommodation for students.
- 208 single rooms, divided into 7 blocks
- In the blocks, rooms are in flats of 5/6 and have shared kitchen and dining facilities
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms including a sink, mirror, shower and toilet
- A wired internet connection point is available in all bedrooms
- Single sex flats allocated where possible
- There are 8 adapted rooms for less-able bodied students and 2 rooms for carers if required
- Located centrally in Student Village is the accommodation services office. A member of the Residential and Campus life team is based here and can provide you with information and help you with any problems.
- All blocks are protected by 24-hour CCTV camera coverage and 24-hour security staff coverage
- Coin-operated laundry facilities can be found opposite the Accommodation Services office
- Payphones can be found throughout Student Village
- Car Parking is available on campus
Students who reside in our Student Village can also take advantage of FREE insurance to cover their belongings, as well as FREE gym membership at our University Sports Centre.
“Having lived in two other student residences, I wish I’d moved to Student Village from day one; it’s operated by the university and has a great support network. The community feel is second to none, you instantly make friends with your fellow students and there’s loads of opportunities to socialise. Considering the amount of social events, there’s no disruptions whilst having a night in to work on assignments. There’s also security guards on site 24 hours a day, every day who are extremely friendly and helpful. ” Daniel Quine, BA (Hons) Hospitality, Tourism and Events Management.
Corbishley Hall is situated in 96 acres of rural land adjacent to teaching facilities at Wrexham Glyndŵr University's Northop Campus.
It provides modern comfortable accommodation in a beautiful setting and is suited to quiet studying away from a town centre location and is ideally located for students based on the Northop campus.
- Corbishley Hall contains 20 single rooms, all of generous size
- Residents have shared use of kitchens and dining rooms
- There is one accessible room providing adapted facilities
- Wireless internet (Wi-Fi) is available in all of the rooms
- There are excellent communal facilities including a common room and a patio area with BBQ outside, providing an additional area for socialising on sunny evenings
- Laundry facilities can be found on the ground floor
- Payphones can be found around Corbishley Hall and the Northop Campus
- Car parking is available
- 15 to 20 minutes driving distance from Wrexham Glyndŵr University Plas Coch campus and Wrexham town centre 10 minutes walking distance from Northop village shops
Corbishley Hall is available to:
Universities UK Code of Practice
for the Management of Student Housing
Wrexham Glyndŵr University has committed to the Universities UK Code of Practice for the Management of Student Housing in respect of its accommodation sites at:
- Wrexham Campus
- Northop campus
The code aims to promote best practice over a range of management activities including; Health and Safety Standards; Maintenance and Repair Regimes; Environmental Quality; Landlord and Tenant Relationships; Student Welfare and Anti-Social behaviour.
A complaints procedure external to the University exists in respect of breaches of the code, should any complaint not be resolved through the Residential and Campus Life team or Wrexham Glyndwr University complaints procedures.
More information regarding the UUK Codes of practice can be found on:- http://uukcode.info/