Meet the staff
- Associate Head of Infrastructure and Facilities - Reg Holme
- Associate Head of Quality and Standards - Jane Richardson
- Associate Head of Student Recruitment, Experience, Retention and Employment - John Worden
- Professor in Aerospace Technology - Alison McMillan
- Professor In Applied Photonics - Hans Bjelkhagen
- Professor In Applied Photonics - David Brotherton-Ratcliffe
- Professor of Composites Engineering - Richard Day
- Professor of Computing Futures - Vic Grout
- Professor of Human Computer Interaction - Richard Picking
- Professor of Polymer & Colloid Chemistry - Peter Williams
- Reader in Computing - Stuart Cunningham
- Reader in Electircal Engineering - Yuriy Vagapov
- Reader in Engineering and Applied Science - Ardeshir Osanlou
- Reader in Computing - Bo Liu
Meet our team
The academic team prides itself on the supportive and friendly learning environment that it offers students.
Glyndwr University is top in Wales for graduate prospects in the areas of computer sciences and IT, according to The Times. It also boasts an award-winning computing department – judged 'world leading' in the last UK research assessment (RAE 2008).
Engineering and Applied Physics
This department covers a wide spectrum of engineering specialisms as well as leading the way with renewable energy and sustainable technologies.
Science and Environment
There are a number of research centres and specialisms within the department and these enable the team to have a strong industry focus which translates into the opportunities that can be offered to students in this area such as industry visits and ‘live’ briefs.