BA (Hons) Business Management
One of the things that all sectors across the globe have in common, from engineering to energy to IT, is their need for business professionals. This makes a degree in business a great stepping stone to a successful and rewarding career.
The course will give you a broad knowledge of business and management theories and an understanding of modern business issues. From studying on the course you will gain an insight into the world of business and develop the skills and abilities required in order to be successful in a modern business environment.
Our business degree is special because we have recognised the requirements of organisations in the modern business environment. The traditional curriculums and text books are simply not relevant any more. Today, knowledge of areas like consumer psychology, employer engagement and the trait theory of leadership are at the cutting-edge. By choosing to study business at Glyndŵr University you will equip yourself with modern business thinking.
- The University has excellent links with professional bodies and local businesses
- Broad range of study and subject areas covered including business law, marketing, accounting and human resource management
- A common first year on the full-time course allows students to be able to select their final choice of degree title at the end of that year
- The part-time honours degree course is particularly designed for those already in full-time employment, providing the opportunity to progress their career with a two stage qualification programme. This involves the study of the two year HNC Business Management course with further degree study of two years to gain an ordinary degree or three years to gain an honours degree in Business Management
- Flexible delivery allows some evening attendance to cater for students with busy schedules or family commitments
- Personal Development Planning is integrated throughout the course. This will help ensure you develop the skills framework necessary for effective personal, academic and career management
- Opportunity to study abroad for a semester in year 2 of the honours degree programme. Work-based modules available
This business management honours degree course allows you to develop a broad range of key personal and professional skills which will help you to formulate, evaluate and recommend solutions to business problems, take responsibility and initiative in projects, develop information technology skills and communicate effectively.
You will develop the skills and abilities required to become a successful business manager. You will study management, marketing, human resources, finance and business planning and have the opportunity to study abroad for a semester in year 2 or undertake some work based modules. You will study a research project in the subject of your choice in the final year of the degree.
Typical course content
In the early stage of your degree the focus will be on developing your business communication skills and helping you to think in a commercially oriented way. You will undertake a module based on a computer simulation game. As you progress through the year you will develop greater awareness of the different aspects of business management including finance, marketing, operational and the social aspects of business. You will become proficient in IT.
As you move into years two and three you will be able to select your own areas of specialism. We will teach you the advanced tools of business but we will do in a fun and interactive way. We will introduce business practitioners into your schedule who will give an insight into the real life situations and challenges they navigate through. As you develop, your confidence and awareness will grow and you will leave us ready to enter into business life.
- general management
- business professions such as marketing, accountancy and human resource management
Employability & Assessment
Glyndŵr University is committed to ensuring all of our graduates are well-equipped for the world of work. Click here to read more about the success of our employability support.
A range of assessments methods are used including assignments, case studies, presentations and examinations.
Entry Requirements & Applying
240 UCAS tariff points at GCE A Level or equivalent from a minimum of two A levels and GCSE Mathematics and English at Grade C or equivalent. Appropriate AS-Level and Level 3 Key Skills qualifications will also be taken into account. The part time route is available for those progressing from the HNC Business and Management course or equivalent qualifications. Students completing the FdA Business Management may top up to the BA (Hons) with one year of further study. IELTS 6.0 required for those who are not native English language speakers.
UCAS code: N100
Course Duration & Fees
1 year top-up following completion of HNC