Summer Term Support
As we approach the summer term, we want to ensure you aware of the university’s facilities and resources that will be available over this period. We have considered your personal learning needs along with Welsh Government advice, and the easing of lockdown restrictions to offer safe and accessible summer support to our students.
Although restrictions are starting to ease, our campus will remain COVID-secure and we will continue to implement safety measures to protect our staff and students. We also want to thank you for your part in helping keep our campus safe and ask that you continue to do so as we move into the summer term.
We are still encouraging all students and staff who live, work or study on campus to get regularly tested and you can do this through your local community testing centre. Here in Wrexham, the Local Community Testing facility is located in the town centre in the Memorial Hall.
For more information on how to book a test and find a testing centre near you visit https://bcuhb.nhs.wales/covid-19/book-a-covid-19-test/
Alternatively, those in England can order a lateral flow test online by visiting https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
If you have any questions or want some further information regarding our summer support you can find all our FAQs here.
Wrexham Glyndwr University is committed to providing the best possible student experience and ensuring that the quality of teaching remains high. Our focus is on keeping everyone safe whilst providing excellent service and opportunities for our students.
- You should wash your hands thoroughly when you arrive to campus, using the handwashing facilities or hand sanitisers provided - hand sanitiser stations have been installed at access points within buildings and you are encouraged to use these regularly.
- Signage is in place around campus buildings to indicate social distancing, one way systems and permitted entrances and exits. Please ensure you follow the signage instructions and adhere to social distancing at all times.
- Communal spaces, office spaces and teaching spaces have clear visible guidance on useable and non-useable furniture and workstations. Please only use the allocated spaces.
- Areas such as reception, catering outlets and the library will have social distancing queuing systems in place and sneeze screens in place to protect staff.
- An increased cleaning regime will focus on high contact areas and touch points. Cleaning packs containing antibacterial spray, paper towels, bags and alcohol hand gel will be provided in all teaching areas and offices for staff and students to use.
- Face coverings must be worn by all members of the community when in shared indoor or outdoor spaces where social distancing of at least 2 metres is not feasible.
- Please do NOT come on to campus if you have any of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- Loss of taste or smell
- If you have any of these symptoms, you MUST self-isolate and apply for a Coronavirus test via the gov.wales website.