strategic equality plan
The University’s Strategic Equality Plan 2020-2024 aspires to deliver a strategy and action plan that reflect the needs of our differing stakeholders. This strategy and its objectives establish the University’s commitment to equality and diversity under three main themes:
- Our Students Experience
- To enable fair access to Higher Education, ensuring that individuals from all background & groups have equal access to learning.
- To address under-representation of protected groups.
- To address equality & diversity issues, providing a supportive environment for our students.
- Our Staffs Experience
- To create an environment where everyone can contribute and feel valued.
- To have a diverse and motivated workforce, where staff are treated with dignity, respect and have appropriate autonomy.
- To promote an inclusive culture where diversity is valued.
- Our Community Experience
- To ensure that individuals from all backgrounds and groups have equal access to Higher Education; developing projects on widening participation, student engagement and workforce development.
- To understand how our community accesses our services; addressing barriers and inequalities identified.
- To engage with protected groups who are currently under-represented.