If you find yourself in Clearing, the most important thing is not to panic.It is easy to feel pressured into making a hasty decision, but remember that every year many students find themselves in the same situation and find a suitable place through clearing.
Not yet applied? It’s not too late to complete an application for your preferred course. Complete our direct application form
Call Glyndŵr University’s admissions team on 01978 293439 Please have your UCAS Personal ID ready to quote. The team can go through options with you and discuss course availability.
Tutors from most subject areas offered by Glyndŵr University will also be able to speak to you over the phone on the day and in most cases, where tutors are satisfied that you meet course requirements, a verbal offer of a place for September will be made on the day.
Once you have added us as a clearing choice we will update your offer to show on your UCAS Track.
Accommodation is still available, situated on campus our accommodation is perfect for new starters who want to avoid the stress of finding private accommodation with little knowledge of the surrounding area.
What is Clearing?
Clearing is the final part of the university admissions process and is the last opportunity for you to find a place at university if you want to start in 2014.
Find out more information about Clearing by watching this short video below:
Who is Clearing for?
Clearing is for students who:
- Haven’t done quite as well as expected and therefore have been unable to secure their first or second choice of course.
- Have met or exceeded the conditions of your original offer and now wish to be considered for a course at Glyndŵr University - this is known as Adjustment.
- Haven’t applied through UCAS yet and now want to apply for 2014 entry.
Tip: If this is you, be prepared by completing an application before results day.
Are Glyndŵr University’s courses available in Clearing?
Yes. We have places available across all of our subject areas for September.Please see a list of all our available courses in Clearing. To make sure we get you on the course that you want to study, give us a call on 01978 293439.
If you didn’t get the results you expected or if you’re unsure which course would be most suitable for you, call us on the number above and one of our team can talk through your options and help find the course that is most suitable for you.
Extended opening hours
Our admissions and enquiries office will be extending its opening hours from Thursday, August 14 until Monday, August 25.
Received your results?
If you have already received your results we may be able to offer you a place now.Our enquiries team can talk you through everything from Clearing, course vacancies, fees and funding.
Get in touch on 01978 293439.
Still waiting for results?
If you're still waiting on results don't panic, there are still options for you.Our advisers will discuss all of your options and answer any questions you may have regarding studying at Glyndŵr University. Don't hesitate to call to find out more information on: 01978 293439.
Hints and tips
- Make yourself available – be ready to focus on getting your university place, and try to do it yourself rather than relying on parents, etc. Universities will appreciate it!
- Know what you’re looking for before you start – what’s available at ucas.com, and are these courses what you’d really like to do? Remember, you should be sure the course is for you before you accept any offer you may get.
- Check your qualifications against what is required – universities will be flexible, but some subjects are vital and you’re going to need these to get accepted if that’s the case for your course choice.
- Be prepared – have your UCAS PiD ready for example, the results of any exams you’ve taken and other assorted information that you feel might help you. Again, universities will appreciate your effort.
- Call Glyndŵr University - we have a friendly team of advisors who’ll get you a decision as soon as we can, often immediately. Just give us a ring!
The fees you pay and the support available will depend on a number of different factors.
Information on our course fees can be found on our fees and finance section on our website here.
You can also speak to our enquiries team on 01978 293439 or email email@example.com and if they are unable to help, will put you in touch with our fees and finance department.
We have on and off-campus accommodation available. If you find yourself in Clearing and need accommodation, call our accommodation team now to see what is available on 01978 293344. All our accommodation on offer can be found here.
Campus and facilities
At Glyndŵr, we offer our students more than just courses. We’ve got loads of facilities based across the campus designed to help you make the most of your experience, support your learning and enhance your employability prospects. All our campus and facilities can be found here.
Keep up to date with what's going on campus by signing up to our social media channels.
Phone Opening Hours
Mon 13 Aug: 08:30 - 19:00
Tues 14 Aug: 08:30 - 19:00
Wed 13 Aug: 08:30 - 19:00
Thurs 14 Aug: 07:00 - 20:00
Fri 15 Aug: 08:00 - 20:00
Sat 16 Aug: 09:00 - 17:00
Sun 17 Aug: 10:00 - 16:00
Mon 18 Aug: 08:30 - 19:00
Tues 19 Aug: 08:30 - 19:00
Wed 20 Aug: 08:30 - 19:00
Thurs 21 Aug: 08:30 - 19:00
Fri 22 Aug: 08:30 - 16:30
Sat 23 Aug: 10:00 - 16:00
Sun 24 Aug: 10:00 - 16:00
Mon 25 Aug: 10:00 - 16:00
Tues 26 Aug: 08:30 - 19:00
Wed 27 Aug: 08:30 - 19:00
Thurs 28 Aug: 08:30 - 19:00
Fri 29 Aug: 08:30 - 19:00