If you find yourself in clearing, the most important thing is not to panic. It is easy to feel pressured into making a hasty decision, but remember that every year many students find themselves in the same situation and find a suitable place through Clearing.
Not yet applied? It’s not too late to complete an application for your preferred course. Complete our direct application form
If you did not get the results you needed to get on to your chosen course at Glyndŵr University or another UK university – call Glyndŵr University’s admissions team on 01978 293439. Please have your UCAS Personal ID ready to quote.
They can go through options with you and discuss course availability. Tutors from most subject areas offered by Glyndŵr University will also be able to speak to you over the phone on the day and in most cases, where tutors are satisfied that you meet course requirements, a verbal offer of a place for September will be made on the day. Once you have added us as a clearing choice we will update your offer to show on your UCAS Track.
What is Clearing?
It is the final part of the university admissions process and is the last opportunity for you to find a place at university if you want to start in 2013.
Find out more information about Clearing by watching this short video here
Who is Clearing for?
Clearing is for students who:
- Haven’t done quite as well as expected and therefore have been unable to secure their first or second choice of course
- Have met or exceeded the conditions of your original offer and now wish to be considered for a course at Glyndŵr University - this is known as Adjustment
- Haven’t applied through UCAS yet and now want to apply for 2013 entry.
Tip: If this is you, be prepared by completing an application before results day.
When is Clearing?
Clearing starts in July but for most applicants A-level Results Day is the key date. Our Clearing Helpline opens in July.
Enquiries: 01978 293439
Are Glyndŵr University’s courses available in Clearing?
Yes –we have places available across all of our subject areas for September. Please see a list of all our available courses in Clearing. To make sure we get you on the course that you want to study, give us a call: 01978 293439.
If you didn’t get the results you expected or if you’re unsure which course would be most suitable for you, call us on the number above and one of our team can talk through your options and help find the course that is most suitable for you.
Hints and tips
- Make yourself available – be ready to focus on getting your university place, and try to do it yourself rather than relying on parents, etc. Universities will appreciate it!
- Know what you’re looking for before you start – what’s available at ucas.com, and are these courses what you’d really like to do? Remember, you should be sure the course is for you before you accept any offer you may get
- Check your qualifications against what is required – universities will be flexible, but some subjects are vital and you’re going to need these to get accepted if that’s the case for your course choice.
- Be prepared – have your UCAS PiD ready for example, the results of any exams you’ve taken and other assorted information that you feel might help you. Again, universities will appreciate your effort.
- Call Glyndŵr University - we have a friendly team of advisors who’ll get you a decision as soon as we can, often immediately. Just give us a ring!
Extended opening hours
Our admissions and enquiries office will be extending its opening hours from Thursday, August 15. Below are the opening times:
Thursday, August 15th: 7.30am - 8.00pm
Friday 16th: 7.30am - 7.00pm
Saturday 17th: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Sunday 18th: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Monday 19th: 8.30am - 5.00pm
Saturday 24th: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Sunday 25th: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Monday 26th: (Bank Holiday): 10.00am - 5.00pm
Tuesday 27th onwards - normal opening hours
Call us on 01978 293439, chat to one of our virtual assistants online or email firstname.lastname@example.org