If you are a national of a country outside of the European Economic Area, you will be classed as an International Student. For 2013/14 we have structured our fees in such a way that they are even more beneficial to applicants.
- For the first year that you study with us, we source and provide accommodation; the cost will be included in your tuition fee. For more information about this, please visit our accommodation page.
- We offer a 5% discount to those students who pay their 2013/14 tuition fees in full no later than 6th December 2013
Fee information 2013/14
|Option 1-Snowdon Hall||
Option 2- Unavailable for January intake
|Option - 3 Tuition fee only|
The different options depend on which sort of accommodation you choose. Option 1 accommodation is provided as part of your tuition fee; Options 2 is an upgrade that you may also like to consider. Check here for the current exchange rate.
English Language Pre-Sessional Fees 2013/14
|5 weeks||10 weeks|
Pre-sessional courses run immediately before the start of your academic programme and are designed to improve your existing language skills. You may wish to consider including this in your application, or we may make it a requirement of your offer.
International Tuition Fees, Scholarships and Discounts September 2014 / February 2015
Join Glyndwr University in September 2014 and you will be eligible for our accommodation scholarship or our tuition fee scholarship.
Undergraduate, Postgraduate and MBA tuition fees before any scholarship is applied.
Each applicant is entitled to one of the following scholarships:
- Accommodation Scholarship (37 weeks) free accommodation at our option 1 accommodation (Student Village). Upgradeable to option 2 (Wrexham Village) for a further payment of £500.
- Undergraduate Tuition Fee Scholarship you save £1500.
- Postgraduate Scholarship you save £2300.
- MBA Tuition Fee Scholarship you save £2350.
If you choose our accommodation scholarship we will ensure that you receive free accommodation for your first year of study in our option 1 accommodation. Alternatively if you would like to arrange your own accommodation you can benefit from our tuition fee scholarship, greatly reducing the final tuition fees that you would need to pay. All Scholarships are automatically applied you simply have to choose your option.
Final International Tuition Fees 2014 after scholarship deduction
|Accommodation Option 1||£8,950||Accommodation Option 1||£10,400||Accommodation Option 1||£10,950|
|Accommodation Option 2||£9,450||Accommodation Option 2||£10,900||Accommodation Option 2||£11,450|
|No Accommodation||£7,450||No Accommodation||£8,100||No Accommodation||£8,600|
Check here for the current exchange rate in your currency.
Further Available Discounts
Prompt Payment Discount
All students paying their full fees by 31st August 2014 are entitled to a discount of £400*.
Alumni Loyalty Scholarship
All students that have previously completed an undergraduate degree at Glyndwr University are entitled to our loyalty scholarship of £800.
|Accommodation Option 1||Accommodation Option 2|
Student Village Includes:
|Wrexham Village Includes:|
Accommodation for 37 Weeks
Accommodation for 40 weeks
Once you have been offered a place at Glyndŵr University, you will need to make a payment to secure it.
The minimum payment we will accept to secure your place is £5000 plus a £300 accommodation deposit plus the cost of any pre-sessional English course.
Before you will be allowed to enrol, you must pay the remainder of your fees. Unfortunately we are not able to enrol any student who fails to do this and will have to notify the UK Border Agency that you have not enrolled as expected. All fees for those students who enrol in September 2013 must ensure full payment is made on the day of enrolment.
Your deposit will only be refunded if your application for a student visa is refused. You will need to send us a copy of the refusal notice before we are able to refund your deposit. If entry clearance is granted, we will not issue a refund.
How to make your paymentPlease remember to provide your full name and student number as a reference when you make any payment
Option 1 – by electronic bank transfer
Students who wish to make payments from overseas often lose money to fluctuating exchange rates, expensive bank charges and unforeseen card charges. Using the service provided by Western Union Business Solutions helps eliminate these problems and ensures your enrolment can be processed quickly.
Using the free service provided by Western Union Business Solutions to make payment in your local currency helps eliminate these problems and ensures that the University receives 100% of the payment you send.
The services guarantees you an exchange rate for 72 hours to give you time to make the payment using your internet, telephone or local bank, and you will be notified as soon as your payment is received via email.
Click here to access the service
- Please note this service is open to students wishing to pay in British Pounds, including domestic students.
Option 2 – online payment by card
You can make a payment by signing into your Moodle account and following the on-screen instructions.
If you do not yet have Moodle access, you can pay online here
Option 3 – Cash or card payments at the Cashier’s Office
The Cashier’s Office is located in the B corridor and is open Tuesday and Thursday
If you have a question regarding your fees, please email email@example.com
Refer a Friend is a new initiative that allows current international students to benefit from helping their friends in their search for higher education.
1. Simply refer a friend to study at Glyndŵr University
2. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org saying you have done so giving the potential students full name.
3. Encourage your friend to return their application to: email@example.com make sure to ask your friend to mention that you have referred them to Glyndŵr University in their accompanying email.
It is that simple. If their application proves successful, you will receive a £300 deduction from your tuition fees or if your tuition fees have already been paid you will receive £300 directly into your bank account.
Terms and Conditions
1. Referees will not receive payment until the ‘referred friend’ has been fully enrolled.
2. Students that have previously studied at Glyndŵr University or have previously applied to study at Glyndŵr University are ineligible to be classed as a ‘referred friend’.
3. Potential students that are referred must be a new introduction in order for the referee to receive payment.
4. Potential students must be international students.
5. More than one student cannot receive payment for referring the same potential student.
6. In cases where more than one student has referred the same potential student the student who did so first will receive payment.